PIATRAONLINE offers processing services for some of the elements in our product range (countertops, stairs, window sills, plinths). Beveling is an edge processing and basically, you cut the edge under a certain angle, usually 45 degrees. Besides the aesthetic value, this operation offers an easier aftercare. Beveling is carried out manually, with specific tools and devices (jig saw with the base tilt function, circular saws, milling grinder at 45 degrees), with water cutting machines or automatically with CNC machines.
The operation includes the following steps:
1. Measuring the surface that needs processing
2. Measuring and marking quotas
3. Fastening the product to be processed on the workbench
4. Perform the first cutting operation with the circular saw with disc or jig saw with the blade. Using water-cutting machine and a fixed frame for the mill movement has the benefit of a fixed operation, thus reducing vibrations and the probability blade deformation.
5. Performing the second edge processing, with a grinding wheel.
6. Finish with a fine grit sandpaper.
After polishing, waterproof the special parts with LTP products.