PIATRAONLINE offers processing services for some of the elements in our product range (countertops, stairs, window sills, plinths). Bullnose is an edge processing operation for rendering a totally rounded look (convex). The processing procedure for a half edge is called half-bullnose. Besides the esthetic purpose, this also comes with easier aftercare for the processed product. The half bullnose is carried out manually with specific tools and devices or automatically with CNC.
The operation includes the following steps:
1. Measuring the surface that needs processing
2. Measuring and marking quotas
3. Fastening the product to be processed on the workbench
4. Performing an initial (coarse) grinding of the edge with an angled grinder equipped with abrasive disc. Select the disc, with the necessary degree of abrasiveness, based on the stone hardness (granite, marble, travertine, limestone)
5. Performing the second edge processing (precision operation), using a less abrasive disc
6. Finishing with fine grit sandpaper processed in stages, from the largest granulation (below 1000) to the smallest (1500-2000). Alternatively you can use a softer wire brush, then fine grit sandpaper. During the procedure, wipe the edge frequently with a water sponge, to avoid residues left on the surface
7. Polishing procedure with small disks or specific brushes
After polishing, waterproof your entire product.