Tips for choosing your shower tray – 6 elements to consider
We live in a dynamic world, that leave us less time for anything, therefore replacing the bath tub with a shower tray seemed like to logical step. More than transforming the entire bathroom concept, from a cleaning facility into a relaxation area, such a decoration project will reconfigure the relationships between architect-developer-administrator-client. Spaces were redefined, concepts built / refreshed and resources were redistributed. In the shower trays category, this basically created the following selection needs:
• shower trays selected based on material
• shower trays selected based on shower enclosure
• shower trays selected based on size and shape
• shower trays selected based on price
• shower trays selected based on usability and maintenance costs
• shower trays selected based on operation site
Virtually, such classification is difficult to achive because you need to consider everything when choosing a shower tray and separation is as usual restrictive and does not help.
To ease the flow of information we will maintain and develop these criteria and afterwards, customers are able to assemble them as required by their projects.
1. Tips for choosing shower tray based on material
Currently, shower trays are made from: plastics (sanitary acrylic, polystyrene, polypropylene reinforced with glass fibre), ceramic or sanitary porcelain, natural stone and artificial stone, enamelled steel, stainless steel, composite materials processed and combined in many ways. Most of these are defined with real attributes and those that truly satisfy the aesthetic needs of customers are those made of natural stone, sanitary porcelain and steel. For making natural stone shower trays, granite, marble and travertine are used. A natural stone shower trays delivers a spectacular end result, with a superior beauty compared to other materials. An added benefit is durability, because a properly treated and maintained shower tray has more than 30 years of lifetime, exceeding the projected period for steel / composite and way more than acryl, the usual “material of choice” for shower trays.
2. Tips for choosing shower tray based on shower enclosure
In this category, we have the following shower enclosures:
• niche shower enclosure – surrounded by 3 firm walls, which are constructive elements, with a door in front. These types of shower enclosures are usually squares or rectangular and usualy made from sanitary acrylic.
• corner shower enclosures – 2 steady support walls, a fixed plastic / glass wall and a door from the same material (or two doors). Shower trays are squared, semiround or rectangular and basically all building materials are used.
• front shower enclosures – two models. There is a model with 3 walls and a second one parallel to the wall. Shower trays have rectangular shape.
• walk-in shower enclosures – special structure, such as they have only a fixed wall attached (firmly) to a building wall with fastening accessories. This type of shower enclosure usually does not have a shower tray on the flooring. Usually, “buried” shower trays are used. The floor-level shower trays are usually made of metal, with the classic mechanical processing technologies (punching, bending and high pressure) and casted shower trays do not meet the necessary standards. “Underfloor” shower trays are made from harsh and waterproof materials (e.g. polyurethane foams), have square or rectangular shape, a drain trap cutout, installed right beneath the ceramic / natural stone flooring.
3. Tips for choosing a shower tray based on size and shape
Shower enclosures have rectangular, square, round, semi-round, D-shaped, pentagonal or special forms (trapeze, hexagon, combined). Sizes depend on shape. “Buried” shower trays have size up to 120 cm, floor level can reach up to 160 cm, similar with the flooring ones, atypical size are available by special order. The most popular 80 x 80 cm size or 90 x 90 cm size shower trays. The rectangular shower trays have usually 100-120 cm size. Shower tray thickness is essential and depends on the material. Starting with the floor-level shower trays, we have sizes 3, 5, 10, 15, 28 cm and custom size ones. Natural stone shower trays have usually 3 cm thickness.
4. Tips for choosing a shower tray based on price
It is very difficult to rank the shower trays based on price, because material, technology and production series, apart from material and size will decide the price. Sanitary acrylic shower trays, sizes up to 80 x 80 cm or 90 x 90 cm are more affordable, besides semicircular, 80 or 90 cm radius.
5. Tips for choosing shower tray based on usability and maintenance costs
Aftercare depends on material, type of finish and operating conditions. Sanitary acrylic shower trays with glossy surface are easy to maintain. Water slips and does not persist on the surface, therefore will not keep dust, stains are easy to clean, you just need to pay attention to cleaning agents that might hone your surface (mainly descaler). Sanitary acrylic shower trays can be repaired and for cleaning we have common detergents. Composite materials shower trays, especially the honed finish ones will need extra maintenance and must be cleaned immediately after use so that the water does not persist on the surface. Enamelled steel shower trays should be kept away from mechanical shocks that will chip the enamel or bent the shower tray. Natural stone shower trays need to be cleaned with professional detergents, followed by surface sealing. Clean after each use and always work with professional solutions for aftercare.
6. Tips for choosing shower tray based on operation site
Considering the operation site, shower trays are divided into shower trays for public and for residential use. The last category is chosen based on design criteria. Natural stone shower trays are very popular, due to their color variation and look, combined with excellent lifetime. Enamelled steel, porcelain or composite shower trays also match the requirements. For public decoration projects, sanitary acrylic shower trays are the most wanted, because of convenient quality associated with decent price. Used in hotels, bed and breakfast facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, airports, offices, such shower trays are durable and easy to maintain. For difficult environments (detention centers, manufacturing plants, highway restrooms), enamelled steel or stainless steel shower trays are a perfect fit.
PIATRAONLINE recommends using shower trays for decoration project fully cladded with natural stone, for best highlighting their freatures. We invite you to visit our website for the complete product range or get in touch with us at +40.318.222.333 or email at email@example.com
If you decoration project includes more than 10 pieces of sanitary items (trays, bathroom sinks etc.) you get to choose the material and size and we will produce them for you.
For the moment there are no comments from our users.
Write a comment or a review!